The Life Church was started during the Great Depression of 1930-1931. The first church records date back to 1931 with Pastor C.H. Gross, the founding pastor. The church was located on Middle Creek Road, off Highway 6 East in a grove of pine trees. It was a simple one room building, and its 12 to 15 charter members attended Sunday School classes divided by curtains, heated by one large heater in the winter, and cooled by one large window in the summer.
Through the years and with the direction of several other pastors, the church was moved to larger buildings to accommodate the growing congregation. Pastor C.J. Walea directed the construction of the current building in 1986 and added the Family Life Center in 2003. In August of 2008, Rev. Jim and Angi Manning were elected Lead Pastor of The Life Church. Through their vision, much of the church campus has been remodeled in order to facilitate church growth and the role of TLC as a place of hope for the community.
Today, The Life Church reaches hundreds of people on the main campus through services and online through live stream. TLC has a vision to reach the surrounding region for Jesus Christ. We invite you to see for yourself how exciting church can be when the focus is simple and people are free to seek God with passion.